POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request : Re: SV: Request Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:22:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SV: Request
From: Chris Huff
Date: 30 Aug 2000 10:36:00
Message: <chrishuff-62DBC4.09373330082000@news.povray.org>
In article <39ad1040@news.povray.org>, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>
wrote:

>   I think that the best place for those is the global_settings block.

Actually, if they are added, it would probably be better to have them
switchable from any point in the file, like the #version keyword.
Otherwise, include files would require certain global_settings and could
conflict with each other.
But it probably isn't a very good idea, since it will add the
uncertainty of *what* degree measurement is being used. I know there are
inconsistencies between functions and transforms, and even between
functions, but these may be easier to deal with than having everything
changeable.

A better solution might be degrees() and radians() functions which
automatically convert the values being input and would work anywhere,
regardless of the default measurement used, unfortunately, those names
are already being used by functions which really should be named
something like deg2rad() and rad2deg().

--
Christopher James Huff

<><