POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Cloud technique ???? : Re: Cloud technique ???? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:09:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloud technique ????
From: Chris Huff
Date: 10 Aug 2000 13:39:08
Message: <chrishuff-60488E.12401310082000@news.povray.org>
In article <3992D0E8.24428FA6@aol.com>, Mike <Ama### [at] aolcom>
wrote:

> I was pondering how to do this and the clouds, sky, and sun are easy
> enough to do.  The only thing left was the lens flare and sun glow, but
> notice that in the cloud program the flare and glow vary with the sun
> intensity through the clouds.  Could post_process read the filter value
> of the sun through the clouds and use this to adjust the intensity of
> those?

I don't think post_process is necessary...unless you are talking about
something completely different from what I am thinking of.

> Double sided shading should take care of this.  The diffuse highlight
> showing from the back side of a large sphere would create the glow.

That wouldn't do the effect of thick clouds having dark areas on the
side facing away from the light source. All it would do is make the
parts closer to the sun-spot brighter, which isn't the same.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/