POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Parsing : Re: POV Parsing Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:26:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Parsing
From: Chris Huff
Date: 3 Sep 2000 11:04:38
Message: <chrishuff-5DABD7.10061703092000@news.povray.org>
In article <slr### [at] tealhhjpat>,
hjp### [at] SiKituwsracat (Peter J. Holzer) wrote:

> Since a C for loop:
> is just an abbreviation for
> (well, if you ignore continue, anyway)
> and we already have a while loop in Povray, that shouldn't be too hard.

It might not be easy to internally convert a for loop to a while loop,
it may require a completely separate loop.

> Oh. I didn't notice that. Cool! I always thought that redeclaring a
> variable at every assignment is somewhat inelegant.

That shortcut still redeclares the variable, it is just a typing
shortcut, but I agree that it is inelegant to redeclare a variable just
to assign to it. That is the exact reason I added a #set keyword in my
patch, so you can use a separate keyword for modifying variables.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><