POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 2d Image Question : Re: 2d Image Question Server Time
5 Aug 2024 12:13:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2d Image Question
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 16 Sep 2002 23:24:11
Message: <chrishuff-5D5A07.23223016092002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <202dougth5t7hjbubka3lfkg1no38ktj7f@4ax.com>,
 Alan Kong <ako### [at] povrayWWWSPAMCOMorg> wrote:

>   Chris, do you recall one of our resident artists posting some examples
> of cartoon-like renderings in the images group? Each character/object
> had a black outline around it, as in a comic book or a cartoon. Might
> have been using MegaPov. I just can't remember who it was, and my
> archived groups no longer go back far enough. I think it may have been
> about two years ago...

I think that was HE Day. He did some incredible work, I think he uses
3DS Max now and was hired to do some kind of professional graphics work.
And it was MegaPOV, using the find_edges filter (which I did a lot of
work on, though Nathan Kopp made a lot of improvements and bug fixes to
my code, and IIRC, had started a "cartoon" filter that got me inspired
to do the find_edges filter).

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/