POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Nurbs ? : Re: Nurbs ? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nurbs ?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 3 Jun 2001 17:00:57
Message: <chrishuff-5AE37C.15572803062001@povray.org>
In article <3b191185@news.povray.org>, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>
wrote:

>   I see no reason why NURBS (or should it be said "NURBSes"?)

Probably "NURBSs". The "S" stands for "Spline", and you simply tack an
"s" on the end to make it "Splines", so I would do the same for the
acronym.

>   The only drawback would be speed, specially if triangles are generated.

Not the only drawback...it will use more memory and the lack of adaptive
render-time tesselation means you would have more triangles than you
needed, or visible faceting.

>   Is it something you can't do with spatch (or hamapatch for that matter)?

Well, I couldn't use spatch. I could use PatchDance, though...

--
Christopher James Huff - chr### [at] maccom, http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/

<><