POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : name for no interpolation : Re: name for no interpolation Server Time
6 Oct 2024 12:45:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: name for no interpolation
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 12 Sep 2002 11:45:29
Message: <chrishuff-595188.11450012092002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <ne7vnuc47tqp5jpdqfn51nttlis14agp54@4ax.com>,
 ABX <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote:

> But I can include only necessary files so can optimize parsing time.

Still, including one file is probably more overhead than adding all the
keywords contained in a couple files.

> > Requiring an external include file.
> So many languages use header files with definitions so nothing new.

So does POV, functions.inc. It is annoying though, confusing to newbies,
and slower than a built-in keyword.

> > Heh, implementing it in the current POV would take a huge amount of
> > work. I'm mainly thinking of it as something to be considered for the
> > 4.0 rewrite.
>
> chicken ;-)

;-)
I will be looking at it...I'm just busy with school and lots of other
personal projects. (the CSDL/Sapphire language, Lumini raytracer, 3D
math and color-image libraries, a VR engine, a few others...)

> > I did something similar for Sapphire: when a
> > symbol is resolved it moves to the front of the symbol table.
>
> Any reference ? You mean http://sapphire.sourceforge.net/ ?

No, I was talking about my CSDL project:
http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/csdl/csdl.html

It's a language I created, I'm using it to control the raytracer and VR
engine. That's an old version though...I'll release a new one fairly
soon.

The acronym seemed clumsy and a bit inappropriate, since the language is
useful for more than simulations. I like sapphires, and it fit in with
the Perl, Ruby, ... sequence. I didn't know there was a window manager
with that name...

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/