POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Anybody know this site? : Re: Anybody know this site? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:17:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anybody know this site?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 13 Aug 2000 12:00:25
Message: <chrishuff-55C3C2.11013413082000@news.povray.org>
In article <3996558A.CDAA55FF@kivisalo.net>, Kari Kivisalo
<kar### [at] kivisalonet> wrote:

> I think the equations  would just be
>
> u(xx) + u(yy) + u(zz) = 0 and
>
> u(x+1,y,z) + u(x,y+1,z) + u(x-1,y,z) + u(x,y-1,z) + u(x,y,z+1) +
> u(x,y,z-1) = 6*u(x,y,z)

Yeah, but the problem is figuring out what that means. :-)
It looks simple, but I can't translate it into an algorithm, and I have
only a slight idea what u() is supposed to do.

> I could convert my code quite easy to 3D for testing purposes but it
> would require lots of RAM to run. Then I would write a macro that
> outputs an object/volume as voxel image slice by slice as animation.
> What's the format of the pov voxel image type (for input to pov)?

Does it require that the density field be converted to a voxel image? I
hope not...but if it requires multiple passes that can't be done at
once, I don't see a way around it.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/