POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : macro - without () : Re: macro - without () Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:16:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: macro - without ()
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 3 Oct 2002 19:29:13
Message: <chrishuff-5345CF.19254803102002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3d9c9f77@news.povray.org>,
 Jellby <jel### [at] M-softhomenet> wrote:

> What about scale 0 (or 1e-50)? Is this prohibited? does this give errors? It
> maybe wouldn't work with infinite objects, but it might be useful.

Forbidden, you can't scale by 0, or any other size lower than EPSILON,
on any dimension. You could scale it very small, but the effects will be
dependant on the original size, and it will still take processing power.
If you want to temporarily remove an object, the best way is to simply
comment it out. I don't understand the reasoning behind looking for
worse ways to do the same thing.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/