POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov-Ray 3.5 InfO? : Re: Pov-Ray 3.5 InfO? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov-Ray 3.5 InfO?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 11 Aug 2000 10:59:04
Message: <chrishuff-52CD47.10001011082000@news.povray.org>
In article <39940E1E.EE7FC351@accn.org>, rob### [at] accnorg wrote:

> Ack! Will all our POV 3.1 objects become obsolete? Like when POV
> 3.1 came out it no longer supported the 3.0 objects.

Don't Panic!
Umm, when 3.1 came out, it didn't make any major changes to the object
syntax. All the same objects were supported. Perhaps you mean the
addition of interior and media, and the removal of refraction from
finish and the halo feature?

3.5 is mainly a patch-addition release...if it renders under MegaPOV, it
may render under POV 3.5 with some syntax changes. If it renders under
the official version now, I doubt it will need any changes to render
under 3.5.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/