POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Call for Mac programmers : Re: POVMan 0.71 available for MAC (carbon) [WAS Call for Mac programmers] Server Time
21 Jul 2024 03:21:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVMan 0.71 available for MAC (carbon) [WAS Call for Mac programmers]
From: Chris Huff
Date: 18 Jun 2001 20:23:35
Message: <chrishuff-517A47.19232618062001@povray.org>
In article <1ev7iz0.14tmxh2178er60N%smellenbergh@skynet.be>,
 sme### [at] skynetbe (smellenbergh) wrote:

> > A command-line OS X version shouldn't be hard though...
> The program povslc? Normaly it should run onder OS X but I didn't test
> it.

I was talking about POVMan itself, though the povslc tool should be even
easier. I've done compiles of both the official version and MegaPOV,
POVMan shouldn't be much different.

And yes, gcc apparently produces very slow PowerPC code...I'm not going
to upgrade my CodeWarrior version though, so I'm stuck with the free
tools. Hopefully the compiler situation will improve soon...maybe the
MPW compilers could be ported, I understand they produced pretty good
code.

--
Christopher James Huff - chr### [at] maccom, http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/

<><