POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : BMP to TGA utilities? : Re: BMP to TGA utilities? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:28:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: BMP to TGA utilities?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 5 Jan 2002 17:52:04
Message: <chrishuff-5026C6.17533505012002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3c36ca66@news.povray.org>, "KalleK" <kal### [at] gmxde> wrote:

> > Does anyone know of a utility that I can use to convert 700 bmp's into
> > tga's?
>
> You can use POVRay:
> putting an imagemap (with your bmp) on a cube/plane, use an adequate
> orthographic camera turn off AA and render... (original size)
> be sure to set tgaoutput: "Output_File_Type=T" in inifile
> You may use povray 3.5 beta, because there's the solved problem of "camera a
> half pixel off"...
> and you will have to write a script in povray to get through the 700
> filenames...

You would have to make sure to set POV up to not do gamma
correction...also, use an ambient of 1 and no light sources. And there
is still the possibility that it will introduce errors...you should
really use an image conversion program. On the Mac, GraphicConverter
would be perfect. The ImageMagick package should be helpful no matter
what the platform:
http://www.imagemagick.org/