POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Cone of light : Re: Cone of light Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:37:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cone of light
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 14 Jan 2002 00:04:50
Message: <chrishuff-5013F3.00054114012002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3c425d97$1@news.povray.org>,
 "Mitchell Waite" <mit### [at] dnaicom> wrote:

> I am trying to use the KISS method, how about this as a texture on a cone
> with a spot aligned inside it?

Well, the simplest method would be to enclose the whole scene in a media
container, so you don't have to worry about the beams of light, and
automatically get shadows/etc.

>          finish
>          {
>             ambient 1.0
>             diffuse 1.0
>             specular 0.007167
>             roughness 0.654133
>          }

You don't need specular and roughness, I don't see any reason you would
want highlights on what is supposed to be a lit volume of air. You
should probably set diffuse to 0 as well.