POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Plea for a PoV-Ray binary scene format : Re: Plea for a PoV-Ray binary scene format Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:25:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Plea for a PoV-Ray binary scene format
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 2 Aug 2002 16:03:16
Message: <chrishuff-4D3E9B.14540202082002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <jejlkusg7tnpnh4qajkpfdrsc5eu6phngk@4ax.com>,
 Peter Popov <pet### [at] vipbg> wrote:

> >Where does POV currently read and write floating-point data? The only
> >cases I can think of are the radiosity and photon data files, and I
> >never tried transferring them to a different platform...wouldn't think
> >they would be worth the effort.
>
> Ahem... Chris, every thought about the parser itself? <ducks>

I don't get it...the parser doesn't do any binary I/O of floating-point
values. The closest thing it does is read or write values in plain text
files. I'm ignoring the possibility of an image file format storing
floating point values...to my knowledge, none of the formats POV
supports store floating point values for anything, and if they did I
wouldn't consider it something POV does, but something from the library
supporting that format. The parser definitely doesn't do it, though it
is done at parse time.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/