POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : interior fade : Re: interior fade Server Time
5 Aug 2024 20:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: interior fade
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 4 Aug 2002 15:50:02
Message: <chrishuff-4CFB08.14405904082002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <Xns### [at] 204213191226>,
 "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <raf### [at] raf256com> wrote:

> I'm woundering - is it phisicaly ok that light (interior - fade_power)
> fades to black ? imho light should fade to some color.

No, it should fade to black. As distance increases, it allows less and
less light to pass through.

> But using fade_color same as pigment color results in no fading at all.

You are probably using too high of a color value or simply can't see the
fading because of the pigment color. Make the pigment color "rgbf 1".

> I.e. think about human's skin.
> I.e. we have 3 small splinter's inside humans finger (drastic example ;)
> All are white.
>
> The object that is at 'depth' of 0.1 mm will have normal white color.
> This at depth 2 mm will have ie 50% it's color, and 50% of skinns color, so
> it will be bright-"orange".
> And this at dethp over 5 mm will be in fact invisible from outside.

Skin is a different case, it scatters quite a bit of light. Interior
attenuation can not simulate this, you need scattering media.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/