POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Dumb question regarding Contrast and Saturation : Re: Dumb question regarding Contrast and Saturation Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:32:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dumb question regarding Contrast and Saturation
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 1 Feb 2002 16:42:52
Message: <chrishuff-48F00F.16440601022002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3c5a58de$1@news.povray.org>, "Hugo" <hua### [at] post3teledk>
wrote:

> I want Pov to output the right contrast. This is best. Never mind the time.
> But I wonder:  If I change overall diffusion, what about brilliance and
> reflection ...?  They don't follow diffuse, do they?  So to make an object
> really lighter or darker, without changing it's "features", one should also
> modify specular, brilliance and reflection?

The brilliance keyword controls the falloff rate of the shading, and has
nothing to do with the diffuse value, and reflection depends on the
surroundings, whether or not to change it depends on your goal.
I'm not really sure what you're trying to do...I thought your problems
were with overall contrast, but your message implies either you are
trying to adjust individual objects or that you misunderstood my
message. Did you try my suggestion of using no ambient light? My message
didn't mention changing diffuse at all.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/