POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : looking for antialiasing critical scenes : Re: looking for antialiasing critical scenes Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:23:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: looking for antialiasing critical scenes
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 23 Feb 2002 21:28:26
Message: <chrishuff-484E94.21281623022002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <8JP### [at] lzernet>, jan### [at] lzernet (Jan Walzer) wrote:

> 4. proving (of course, not a mathiematical proove) right, with my former
> statement, that every known AA-Algo can be broken with a scene ...

Just use an infinite number of samples per pixel. I don't have the CPU
power to test this though, ask God. ;-)
Actually, that might not be enough, because you still have the grid of
pixels...how about creating a neural net to detect the moire patterns
and compensate for them?
Or just reduce the pixel size to near-microscopic. Then you won't even
need antialiasing. ;-)
Really, I think resolutions are going to make a jump soon, so
antialiasing won't be as big a requirement.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/