POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : transparency and media : Re: transparency and media Server Time
5 Aug 2024 02:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: transparency and media
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 17 Dec 2002 14:40:02
Message: <chrishuff-446BA7.14353217122002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3dff75af@news.povray.org>,
 "Gilles Tran" <tra### [at] inapginrafr> wrote:

> Note that there are cases where I was never able to get rid of this problem,
> in spite of putting "hollow" keywords everywhere, making sure that
> everything was really transparent etc. I ended up rendering the leaves
> separately and using a mask to put them on the final image !

Probably because the transparent surface was causing POV to sample two
shorter intervals instead of one long one. Raising the number of samples
might have reduced or eliminated the artifact, at the cost of slower
rendering.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/