POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : does someone have an idea if... : Re: does someone have an idea if... Server Time
8 Jul 2024 15:41:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: does someone have an idea if...
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 19 Jan 2002 16:06:21
Message: <chrishuff-3F7BB7.16071619012002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3c49ca75@news.povray.org>, "JRG" <jrg### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

> Nice effect. You forgot the filtering, but otherwise looks good.

I didn't forget any filtering...

I very rarely use partially transparent textures. If I want something
transparent or translucent, I use "rgbf 1" and use media (absorbing for
clear objects, absorbing and scattering for translucent ones) or
fade_color to color it. This gives the most realistic results: thin
parts are nearly colorless. It is how things work in reality...a colored
block of glass isn't a colored, infinitely thin surface that transmits
light the same no matter how much glass it passes through.