POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : converting rgb to spectra : Re: converting rgb to spectra Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:24:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: converting rgb to spectra
From: Chris Huff
Date: 21 Aug 2000 12:40:42
Message: <chrishuff-3689A8.11420321082000@news.povray.org>
In article <39A192D3.9659E6D5@home.nl>, Remco Poelstra
<rjp### [at] homenl> wrote:

> I saw in a message from Peter Popov in reply to Feature request for
> pov3.5 (08/09/00 16:55), that rgb can be converted to spectra. That's
> what I need., since I want to convert the rgb value to a corresponding
> audio frequentie, and audio is spectra. Where can I find more
> information on doing so? (I'm a newbie on complex math, so it should be
> a little bit easy explained.)

I think it would be very useful to have rgb2hls() and hls2rgb()
functions, and similar ones for HSV and other color spaces. These could
also be useful post_process filters. The only thing stopping me from
writing them is a lack of knowledge of how to convert between them.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><