POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : An observation of concern : Re: An observation of concern Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:24:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An observation of concern
From: Chris Huff
Date: 16 Oct 2000 15:35:55
Message: <chrishuff-365650.14383816102000@news.povray.org>
In article <39eb2b09@news.povray.org>, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>
wrote:

>   What I wonder is that if that library can report unfreed memory at the
> end of the program, why there are memory leaks in povray?

Because in testing, you have to cause the leak to know it is there. If
the isosurface object leaks, you won't know unless you happen to be
testing the isosurface object when you have logging on. And you don't
want to have the memory logging feature on all the time, since it can
slow things down.
Also, it is sometimes a bit difficult to find out why some things are
leaking...

--
Christopher James Huff

<><