POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Ok, what did I miss? : Re: Ok, what did I miss? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ok, what did I miss?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 13 Nov 2002 22:52:20
Message: <chrishuff-35B908.22514213112002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <web.3dd3174d14254fc19af8ec6b0@news.povray.org>,
 "gonzo" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> So, how do I do that? Noise_generator only accepts 1 parameter, which only
> selects which generator to use. How do I get it to give me a nice rough
> texture like crand? So far it accepts the command without error, so I assume
> I'm not making any glaring mistakes, but nothing changes in my texture at
> all.

Well, I don't know what that part of the documentation was supposed to
mean...sounds odd to me. However, if you want a rough looking surface,
try using a granite normal scaled very small. A wrinkles normal could
also work well.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/