POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Another kind of scaling or "growing" : Re: Another kind of scaling or "growing" Server Time
5 Aug 2024 02:18:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another kind of scaling or "growing"
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 16 Dec 2002 00:00:59
Message: <chrishuff-327099.23572815122002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3dfd0c76@news.povray.org>, "Slime" <slm### [at] slimelandcom>
wrote:

> Mega-POV's "proximity pattern" did this, I think.

Sort of: the proximity pattern used the average or minimum distance to
the surface. Theoretically, this could be used in an isosurface to do
this "inflate" effect, but the original pattern was almost unuseably
slow in textures (on computers of that time), as an isosurface function
it would be extremely slow. I'm working on an updated version that has
optimized object-specific proximity methods in addition to the
ray-sampling method.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/