POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : General question about relative efficiency of CSG operations : Re: General question about relative efficiency of CSG operations Server Time
5 Aug 2024 12:16:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: General question about relative efficiency of CSG operations
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 22 Nov 2002 16:48:33
Message: <chrishuff-31468B.16465422112002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3DDEA0A1.411597A8@att.net>, LibraryMan <mrm### [at] attnet>
wrote:

> I guess I'm confusing the def. of an object with the def. of a
> primitive!  So for instance, 2 instances of a single box primitive with
> way more than 2 other cylinder primitives differenced from it is still
> only considered one object?

No, you are confusing a declared object with an object in the scene. Two
objects in the scene make two objects in the scene. A declared object is
not in the scene. CSG objects are compound objects composed of many
other objects, a CSG object is counted as one object. (unions can be an
exception to this in some cases)
A scene with two instances of a difference object has two objects in the
scene. You can declare as many objects as you want, the number of
objects in the scene won't change.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/