POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : object pattern & solid mesh? : Re: object pattern & solid mesh? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 12:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: object pattern & solid mesh?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 23 Sep 2002 18:56:21
Message: <chrishuff-2F6817.18540423092002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3d8f8d13@news.povray.org>,
 Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:

> From the error message I'm getting, I assume that a "solid mesh" does not
> qualify a what the "object pattern" expects as a "solid". Right? Any ideas
> on any alternative method for converting a mesh into an isosurface?

Solid meshes should work fine in the object pattern, however, the object
pattern is not suitable for isosurfaces. The object pattern has an
infinite gradient at the surface of the object, the isosurface algorithm
does not work well with this type of function.

> P.D.: the error was "Illegal texture or patch in clip, bound or object
> pattern".

I don't know what that error means...maybe you are specifying a texture
for the object.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/