POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Version 0.1 of my Ray Tracer released : Re: Sapphire (was: Re: Version 0.1 of my Ray Tracer released) Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:14:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sapphire (was: Re: Version 0.1 of my Ray Tracer released)
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 26 Oct 2002 17:37:51
Message: <chrishuff-2891FB.17310926102002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3DB### [at] ibrasdk>, Ib Rasmussen <ib### [at] ibrasdk>
wrote:

> It seems like most common stones have already been used.

By languages?

> How about "Schorl"? It doesn't sound like something that is likely to
> have been used :)

Eh, no thanks.
If this other "Sapphire" is too close, maybe I'll rename it after a
metal...Copper, Iron, Cobalt. Lithium might be a good choice for one of
the "esoteric" languages. Carbon is already used for a common API,
Mercury is probably taken. Or just a substance: Glass (maybe for my VR
simulator). Or maybe a scientific/math constant:
C already exists of course...speed of light in a vacuum.
Pi is obvious.
Maybe "V" instead of "G" for my second language, it is going to have
very good support for vector math. (it already fully supports 3D
vectors, it will eventually support vectors of any size)

Maybe "mongoose". (they kill snakes)

Maybe I should make 4 languages named after the 4 elements: earth, air,
fire, and water.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/