POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Particles? : Re: Particles? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:15:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particles?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 20 Nov 2000 19:02:28
Message: <chrishuff-23C77B.19025020112000@news.povray.org>
In article <3A1### [at] peakeduee>, Margus Ramst
<mar### [at] peakeduee> wrote:

> Check out the unofficial version of POV called MegaPOVplus, where
> Chris Huff has imlemented a particle system object. It can do
> collision detection with arbitrary objects, and has other neat
> features. The URL is http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/povpatch.html

One thing you should be warned about: the current version of MP+ is
based on an older version of MegaPOV(0.5a). Also, it might be wise to
avoid using the ipf_profile feature of the particle_system object, I
plan on doing this kind of thing in a more versatile way in a future
version.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><