POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Parsing : Re: POV Parsing Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:25:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Parsing
From: Chris Huff
Date: 2 Sep 2000 14:03:44
Message: <chrishuff-230BA8.13052102092000@news.povray.org>
In article <39B### [at] faricynet>, David Fontaine
<dav### [at] faricynet> wrote:

> From a preprocessor perspective,
>    #for(init, test, increment)
>    #end
> would be changed to
>    init
>    #while (test)
>       increment
>    #end
> but I don't know how easily that applies to POV parsing, probably not at
> all.

I don't think it would be very easy, if at all possible, to convert a
#for loop to a #while loop. It would probably be best to implement a
completely separate loop. However, I don't know that part of the
source(yet), so I could easily be wrong.

> Yeah! No typing '#local' anymore! I'll probably do it anyway...

Do what? Type #local?
BTW, those shortcuts won't make it into 3.5, since they don't work quite
right, so maybe % *can* eventually be used as a modulus operator.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><