POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Tesselation and mesh data extraction patches : Re: Tesselation and mesh data extraction patches Server Time
10 May 2024 07:12:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tesselation and mesh data extraction patches
From: Chris Huff
Date: 19 Dec 2000 09:31:06
Message: <chrishuff-216878.09321219122000@news.povray.org>
In article <3a3f270f@news.povray.org>, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>
wrote:

>   I can do that, but I want to get the basic tesselation to work first.
> I still can't find the bug. It's making me crazy. I really don't know
> what is causing it.

Send me the code and I will look at it...though I'm not too hopeful,
since I have never done anything with this sort of tesselation...

>   I'm tempted to just give up.

Noooo! Don't even talk like that... ;-)

>   The odd thing is that the location of the sphere shouldn't matter. Only
> the size of the bounding box should have any effect on the algorithm, not
> the location, and it's only the location which changes in the examples
> above.
>   I just don't know what to do anymore.

Does it show up if you don't translate the tesselated sphere back in
position? Are all your calculations relative to the bounding box and not
to the origin?

--
Christopher James Huff

<><