POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Tesselation process : Re: Tesselation process Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:20:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tesselation process
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 19 Feb 2002 20:31:45
Message: <chrishuff-1D3D25.20313219022002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3C72EE49.979B5315@hotmail.com>,
 Tor Olav Kristensen <tor### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> I am hoping for the possibility to tweak the individual copies of a
> mesh before texturing them.

I don't see how it would be a problem...just include a
"preserve_textures" option for objects being added to meshes. If it is
on, the triangles get the texture of the original object, if it is off
you get an untextured mesh.

> If one has direct access to the 3D coordinates of the vertexes and
> the normal vectors, then the tessellated shapes could be transformed
> in very weird ways.

I once attempted a patch that would allow any warp to be applied to a
mesh...my only problem was that I couldn't seem to move the mesh points.
My attempts all resulted in "scrambled triangles".

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/