POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : long syntax : Re: long syntax Server Time
5 Aug 2024 22:13:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: long syntax
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 23 Jul 2002 21:43:05
Message: <chrishuff-1C88F0.20355323072002@netplex.aussie.org>
To be blunt, that looks horrible and I hope POV never supports it.
Sorry. ;-)
The only benefit is less typing. It makes things much more difficult to
read, scatters relatively hard to type and visually noisy @ characters
throughout the code (I dislike the use of the # character in the current
syntax for the same reason), and needlessly complicates the language.
Worse, the same word means totally different things in different
contexts.
The only benefit would be for obfuscated and shortest code contests. If
you really just want to save typing, I would recommend you find a good
editor...you could also use the existing #macro feature:

#macro supell(E, N) superellipsoid {E, N #end

supell(0.1, 0.5)
    texture {...}
}

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/