POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : focal blur problem (bug?) : Re: focal blur problem (bug?) Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:09:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: focal blur problem (bug?)
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 22 Aug 2002 12:53:35
Message: <chrishuff-12EE26.11391622082002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <s21amu05jvvhomkmpl97mu3avgnddtpr22@4ax.com>,
 Peter Popov <pet### [at] vipbg> wrote:

> finish { ambient 1000 } for example. If POV averages blur samples
> after it clips colors, it will make no difference. If it averages
> before clipping colors, then it should work as expected.

It clips both blur and antialiasing samples. It was apparently to fix
the case were a "superbright" object is visible, and not clipping the
samples made it look like it wasn't antialiased. It caused me some real
problems when I was trying to get decent stars by making them very
bright so they wouldn't get antialiased into oblivion...there should at
least be a way to turn it off in my opinion.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/