POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Go ahead and tell me : Re: Go ahead and tell me Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:35:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Go ahead and tell me
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 21 Mar 2002 10:33:55
Message: <chrishuff-12C1C1.10340521032002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3c99f80a$1@news.povray.org>,
 "Maan M. Hamze" <mmh### [at] pleiadesnet> wrote:

> > > The Blender community is alive and well, too.
> > Not anymore.
> How is that so?

Blender itself is apparently quite dead. I wouldn't describe the
community around a dead product as "well" (as in "attracting new users"
and actively growing and developing), though it will probably remain
"alive" for a long time. People just usually aren't interested in
learning a product that is no longer being developed.
Maybe someone will start a clone project or the company will release the
source code, that would keep the community alive and well.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/