POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Partial sweeping around an axis : Re: Partial sweeping around an axis Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:20:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Partial sweeping around an axis
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 4 Dec 2002 14:01:00
Message: <chrishuff-0E0D77.13575704122002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3DE### [at] attnet>, Mark M Wilson <mrm### [at] attnet>
wrote:

> Is there a way with SOR and lathe objects to limit the sweep to an arc
> of x degrees, where 0 < x < 360 ? -- WITHOUT differencing of any kind?

Well, you could use intersections instead...not what you want, I think.
There is no way to do that without some kind of CSG or clipped_by.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/