POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : isosurface and 0 : Re: isosurface and 0 Server Time
5 Aug 2024 18:23:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: isosurface and 0
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 6 Aug 2002 13:42:18
Message: <chrishuff-0C9B46.12321706082002@netplex.aussie.org>
You did not give very much information. What is the rest of the
isosurface code? What threshold are you using?

My first guess: the problem has nothing to do with 0, it is that your
first function goes up to the threshold value but not past it over a
large volume, making the solver work harder to find the surface. Your
second function goes past it by a tiny amount. I would not expect either
of these functions to behave reliably with a threshold of 0.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/