POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : animated projectiles shot while moving : Re: animated projectiles shot while moving Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:27:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: animated projectiles shot while moving
From: Chris Huff
Date: 1 Sep 2000 12:11:18
Message: <chrishuff-07BB65.11125501092000@news.povray.org>
In article <39AF5509.75964A45@yahoo.com>, ryan constantine
<rco### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> has anyone done this before?  what i want to do is shoot a projectile in
> an animation simply by setting a variable like shoot=true or something
> like that.  then, while it is true, i'd like a shot to be fired at
> either steady or random intervals until set to false.  each shot should
> be its own entity.  it should query the host object to know which
> direction to move and from where it should start.  then it should know
> when it hits something and do something when it does.  the projectile i
> have in mind is a laser blast.  would the particle patch help me here?
> suggestions anyone?

The particle_system patch might help, though this particle system is
pretty easy to implement in POV-Script. I don't know if the ParticlePOV
patch will be of any use in this.
I have done something very similar to this in POV-Script while
stress-testing my #set patch, I will post an image in p.b.i soon. While
the source uses #set, it can easily be changed to use #local and
#declare(it will just hurt readability).

--
Christopher James Huff

<><