POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray wishlist : Re: Povray wishlist Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:33:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray wishlist
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 20 Mar 2002 19:29:54
Message: <chrishuff-0712B2.19300320032002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <05pd9uc6ebqtfb6981tqcf7fbtalu431c4@4ax.com>,
 Peter Popov <pet### [at] vipbg> wrote:

> >how many
> >*adults* do you know who know about assembler, refraction,
> >dodecahedrons, buckyballs, and forward vs. backwards raytracing, or use
> >words like deprecated and intuitiveness?
>
> Me :)

Well, I myself fit in that category. I'm only 19 years old, and have
been using POV and programming graphics for several years now. I've even
written a raytracer of my own. ;-)
But my question was "how many do you know", not "who is the youngest you
know". I've learned not to even bother with the simplest explanations
about graphics or programming to most people in "real life". I only know
of 3 people who I think would understand raytracing... (an uncle, a
cousin, and my grandfather, nobody anywhere near my age)

The point I tried to make was this: It would be extremely unlikely for
anybody to simultaneously be ignorant enough to seriously make those
suggestions, and still be knowledgeable enough to write them, so it must
have been a non-serious post by a person with far above-average
knowledge.
The age doesn't really matter in this case, but people in their teens or
younger who are even interested in this kind of thing are very rare, and
I didn't think the wording of the message matched that age level.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/