POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fibonacci Mosaics (151KB & 145KB) : Re: Fibonacci Mosaics (151KB & 145KB) - crackle.jpg (1/1) Server Time
2 May 2024 16:06:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fibonacci Mosaics (151KB & 145KB) - crackle.jpg (1/1)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 7 Sep 2000 20:37:34
Message: <chrishuff-038DA3.19391607092000@news.povray.org>
In article <39B82B9C.36DAF298@online.no>, Tor Olav Kristensen
<tto### [at] onlineno> wrote:

> This sounds interesting.
> Can you please try to explain more about what
> you have in mind ?
> (I don't understand what you mean by "cell" and
> I don't know any crackle patterns yet.)

I have attached an image of a sphere with a crackle pigment. As you see,
it has separate "cells". In the official version and MegaPOV, these are
located randomly, I was wondering if it would be possible to specify
their locations and strengths manually, maybe as an extension to the
blob pattern.

> Are you thinking of a Fibonacci pattern in 3
> dimensions ?

No, though it could be used to do that if you wanted(and if you figure
out what a 3D Fibonacci pattern is).

--
Christopher James Huff

<><