POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : media : Re: media Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:15:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: media
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 28 Aug 2002 19:33:28
Message: <chrishuff-037FB3.19324528082002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3d6cfb98$1@news.povray.org>,
 "Pedro Ramos" <ped### [at] mailpt> wrote:

> does anyone knows where I can find any good scattering media tutorial?
>
> I've been trying to model scattering media, but I've only succeeded in doing
> so with very large objects..
> Is there any way to increase the "density" (not referring to the density
> keyword) of the media so that I can use small objects?

The density and color are the same value. It took me a while to get
this...brighter colors make denser media. If you have a density
specified, the media color and density color are multiplied together to
get a final result, so you can use one as a density control and the
other for color. I often find it useful to multiply the color vector by
a scaling value to get independant control over density and color, for
example:
emission < 1, 0.4, 0.3>*0.25

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg