POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Portraying movement : Re: Portraying movement Server Time
5 Aug 2024 06:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Portraying movement
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 7 Nov 2002 19:35:32
Message: <chrishuff-020725.19353207112002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3dcaf724$1@news.povray.org>,
 Matt Walton <mat### [at] alledoracouk> wrote:

> Unfortunately it's not one that has anything that flaps or trails behind
> it. Or can one simulate motion blur with any reasonable expectation of a
> half-decent effect?

You could imitate it by using multiple transparent copies of the object,
which is how the patch actually did its work. I think transmit will give
the most correct results in this case. The original patch kind of
treated the body of the motion blur statement as the body of a loop, and
parsed it several times with different clock values. Just make sure to
set the max_trace_level high enough...

The only other way I can think of would be to somehow indicate the
object's motion by its effect on the rest of the scene, a rubber ball
with a falling stack of cans behind it for example. You really need
motion blur for a realistic effect...

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/