POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Filling in T values in splines : Re: Filling in T values in splines - update Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:14:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Filling in T values in splines - update
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 25 Feb 2002 11:09:31
Message: <chrishuff-01D664.11092325022002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3c79a935@news.povray.org>, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>
wrote:

>   Why? No-one will be using them anyways.
>
>   The optional way of specifying the exact amount of points is more than
> enough to optimize the creation of the spline. I don't think any other
> optimization is needed. It would just be overkill.

Tell me, what is the difference between specifying the initial size and
specifying the "exact amount of points"?
And do you have any reasons not to let the user change the default step
size? Adding this ability would just take making it a separate variable
instead of hard-coding it.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/