POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hi from DKBTrace author : Re: Hi from DKBTrace author Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hi from DKBTrace author
From: Chris Huff
Date: 19 Jan 2001 13:18:36
Message: <chrishuff-00FCDC.13194119012001@news.povray.org>
In article <3a686948@news.povray.org>, "Tom Melly" <tom### [at] tomandlucouk>
wrote:

> I seem to remember that this concept came up about 2 yrs ago... Was that
> you or Chris?

Someone else (Xenoarch?) wrote a similar patch, I think he called it
"hologram" though. (other names that got tossed around ranged from
"magic_mirror" to "mirage"...)
I just got impatient waiting for it to show up, so I started writing my
own. It currently works, but isn't very functional yet...I've been
trying to implement the ability to use a camera as a portal (the effect
would be similar to rendering the image from a different camera and
using that image as an image_map, but would be done on the fly), and one
of the problems is that the camera code assumes it is rendering pixels
of the output image and that there is only one camera in the scene. (I
had to make an almost identical copy of create_ray() which doesn't use
the precalculated information for the main camera, duplicating a lot of
code...and focal blur won't work for a while)

Followups to povray.unofficial.patches...

--
Christopher James Huff

<><