POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Antialiasing before or after clipping... : Re: Antialiasing before or after clipping... Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:18:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Antialiasing before or after clipping...
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 3 Sep 2004 10:20:02
Message: <ch9u9a$6ei$1@chho.imagico.de>
Fredrik Eriksson wrote:

>> That would be great if you would implement it in a portable way (i.e.
>> allowing exchange of files between different endiannesses and between
>> IEEE and non-IEEE floating point systems.  This is possible but not
>> trivial.
>
> I'm using the OpenEXR library, so it's portable to any system that's
> portable to. If all I wanted was to output "raw" FP data, I could have
> used the code I posted in this forum on the 25th. I want the extra
> features of OpenEXR however.
> [...]

I am not talking about OpenEXR support (to me being required to download
9MB to add support for a new file format is quite out of question).  I
am talking about plain binary floating point data.  I stopped studying
your code snippet when i read:

typedef unsigned long uint32;

> On a related note:
> Does anyone have a (preferably complete) list of platforms to which
> POV-Ray has been successfully ported?

POV-Ray should compile on any platform where a C++ compiler is available
that supports the current standards.  So for writing portable extensions
for POV-Ray you should comply with the standard first of all (and if you
do it will most likely also compile and run on most platforms.

And the typedef cited above is a serious affront to the standard...

Christoph

Last updated 06 Jul. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______