POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tchaikovsky : Re: Tchaikovsky Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:26:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tchaikovsky
From: Stephen
Date: 5 Oct 2009 03:54:58
Message: <cf9jc5teb8b2vqj1pfu1qid06eprqg79ov@4ax.com>
On Sun, 04 Oct 2009 15:39:22 -0700, Kevin Wampler <wam### [at] uwashingtonedu>
wrote:

>Stephen wrote:
>> On Sun, 04 Oct 2009 12:13:23 +0100, Stephen <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote:
>>
>>> Too much to do, too little time to do it.
>>
>> Forget it! After a 5 hour car journey that should only have taken 3 hours I fell
>> back on "The Music for the Royal Fireworks". Hmm bliss :D
>

>I thought you lived in England?  I didn't know there were 5-hour car
>rides there.

You might be surprised then that England is a bit bigger than you thought. For
instance it is about three hundred miles from London to Carlisle which is about
a five hour drive at the speed limits of 70 mph on motorways and 60 on some dual
carriageways. London to Penzance (where the pirates come from) is just over 300
miles again about 5 hours. Penzance to Thurso at the far north of Scotland is
800 miles and fourteen and a half hours driving non stop. (OK Scotland is not in
England but they both are in Britain :)

> (also, good choice in music!)

I don't know the "Fireworks" is not conducive for keeping to the speed limits.
It will be the "Beggars Opera" on the way back.
--

Regards
     Stephen