POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : What is a token? : Re: What is a token? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:28:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What is a token?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 9 Aug 2004 16:00:01
Message: <cf8l1f$ouv$1@chho.imagico.de>
Raphael wrote:
> And why do I care?
>
> And if I don't care why is it telling me how many?

Assuming you are talking about the POV-Ray message output - they are a
good measure for the complexity of a scene.  A scene file of 5 lines can
take POV-Ray to parse a million tokens which will probably take some
time.  If on the other hand your parsing takes time without the number
of tokens increasing you are probably either reading in a large image
map etc. or are running out of memory.

Christoph

Last updated 06 Jul. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______