POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : *** SURVEY *** : Re: *** SURVEY *** Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:25:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: *** SURVEY ***
From: David Parrott
Date: 7 Dec 1999 13:05:03
Message: <ceZCqCAenQT4Iw6Q@quayles1.demon.co.uk>
In article <384CA6FF.C1237279@pacbell.net>, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet>
writes

>Greetings POV-Users,
>

>  As many of you know there is a POV-Ray texture library hosted at
>povray.org ( http://texlib.povray.org )
>
>The Technical Assistance Group and the POV-Team are debating whether it is
>serving any useful purpose and if it is worth the space it is taking up on
>the POV-Ray home page.
>
>For this reason we have five easy questions for you -
>
>1.) Do you think this a useful resource in it's present form ?

I have to say that I have only looked at it a couple of times and have
never used anything from it.

>2.) Do you think it would be a better resource if more people contributed
>    to it and the textures were updated to work correctly with the latest
>    versions of POV-Ray ?

I think these would both be a great help.

>3.) If this became a active resource for POV-Ray textures would you help
>    contribute to it ?

If I ever get good enough at doing textures and I think that they would
be worthwhile, then yes.

>4.) Would you use the textures from this site in your scenes ?

Yes, I have not been very successful at writing textures so seeing
examples would help me learn.

>5.) Should we just get rid of it because it serves no purpose, it's a dumb
>    idea, who cares anyway ?

I do not think it is a dumb idea but it needs more support and to be
compatible with the newer versions.

>We are listening and would like everyone's input on this.

  \  \/  / |__ \| \/\/ ||__ \    Email: xam### [at] quayles1demoncouk
   >    <  / _  |      |/ _  |     ICQ: 13313977
  /  /\  \| |_| | |\/| | |_| | Website: <Temporarily Removed>
           Hobbies: C programming, Raytracing, MUDding