POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Compilation options for MinGW : Re: Compilation options for MinGW Server Time
30 Jun 2024 12:06:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compilation options for MinGW
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 28 Jul 2004 04:45:02
Message: <ce7ous$7ub$1@chho.imagico.de>
acasta wrote:
> [...]
>
> Can you tell me whether this is just what you expect from these compilers or
> I should adjust optimisation options differently?
> Can you give me suggestions about what optimisations I should use?

It is well known that MinGW produces very slow executables.  This is not
due to the compiler itself though (since on other platforms this is not
a problem).  On Intel systems you should always make sure you use
-march=pentium4 (or whatever suits).

Christoph

Last updated 06 Jul. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______