POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Object Handling for Water-Surface-System : Re: Object Handling for Water-Surface-System Server Time
4 Aug 2024 22:12:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object Handling for Water-Surface-System
From: ABX
Date: 28 Mar 2003 01:49:29
Message: <cdr78v8p5b0fvo245trce5h261ec5telmc@4ax.com>
On 27 Mar 2003 12:25:24 -0500, Tor Olav Kristensen <tor_olav_kCURLYAhotmail.com>
wrote:
> And now I remembe more. Wasn't it ABX who first
> showed some examples using pigment functions as
> vector functions ?

Some long time ago (before isocsg) I had a discussion in p.general about that
but I'm sure I wasn't the first one who used it. At that time I cosidered it
obvious and I hadn't feel I introduce something. Just explained it to the user.

> It is a pity though that the value ranges are
> limited.

Since more things become vector-function based (user-defined camera for example)
there will be patch with such feature available probably.

As for main problem of this part of thread: applying transform-based function to
object can be probably solved method similiar to
http://news.povray.org/cd3outglhk60i0mk3scelr52p9cu5nv8uo%404ax.com so I assume
smart macro could be enough, isn't it?

ABX