POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hello, : Re: Hello, Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hello,
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 15 Jul 2004 11:30:02
Message: <cd67rj$7eo$1@chho.imagico.de>
Jeremy M. Praay wrote:

> I think you're saying that your mesh is currently in .max format.  If that's
> correct, I haven't come across any utilities that can convert it to any
> POV-convertable formats, and I've looked at several conversion utitlities.
> That's unfortunate, because there seem to be a lot of .max files at 3dcafe.
>
> If someone can prove me wrong, I'd be happy as well.

That is very likely since it is a proprietary format and they refuse to
release any information on it (unless against a lot of money and
non-disclosure agreements probably).  The reason for this is obvious
(although obviously narrow-minded as well).

I won't comment on the sense of publishing a model in such a format...

Christoph

Last updated 06 Jul. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______