POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : About povray-3.6 sources... : Re: About povray-3.6 sources... Server Time
30 Jun 2024 12:24:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About povray-3.6 sources...
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 3 Jul 2004 09:25:01
Message: <cc6c1j$baj$1@chho.imagico.de>
Wolfgang Wieser wrote:
> Hello POV-Team!
>
> So, here comes feedback on povray-3.6.
> It is a list not sorted in any way...

I won't comment on the individual things you write but you should be
aware that:

- the beta version Nicolas provided it not yet the final source release.
  It is *only* meant for testing the build system, not for doing
anything else.  We especially do not want unofficial versions based on
this beta code to be created (which would of course be illegal but not
everyone cares).

- you have been visiting these newsgroups long enough to know the
correct proceedings of a bug report.  Still i can only find a single bug
report from you in povray.bugreports.

- there has been a several month long beta phase for POV-Ray 3.6 and i
don't remember any report from you in povray.beta-test.  The only
explanation i have for this is that you want to demonstrate the
necessity to release the source code to get useful feedback...

Christoph

Last updated 01 May. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______