POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just one of those questions : Re: Just one of those questions Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:15:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just one of those questions
From: Stephen
Date: 7 Apr 2009 16:03:25
Message: <cbcnt4h9llbbb4ln6fpvegnslg5b98l8gm@4ax.com>
On Tue, 07 Apr 2009 12:06:36 -0700, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:

>Stephen wrote:
>> I seem to remember the baby giraffe's tongue (4 weeks old) was very pointed,
>> like a spear point. It was over 10 years ago but still a vivid memory.
>
>http://darren.s3.amazonaws.com/Giraffe7.jpg
>
>It's pretty pointy, but given the tongue itself is a foot or more long, it's
>hard to say whether it's pointy per se.

I had the good fortune (I think) to be able stand beside it and stroke it. It
had been rejected by its mother and was being hand reared by the zoo keepers.
Interesting fact, the keeper who was acting as "mother" was only four foot ten
with her hands in the air and had to stand on a bale of hay to feed it. Also its
eyes were the biggest brownest eyes that I have ever seen.
Aww! :)
--

Regards
     Stephen